I am working/testing a table special for keywordadministration.
If I add a new keyword into the table - I would like to avoid dublicates.
I am not looking for a dublicate checker “after” I already created the row…
Is there any possibility to have a script in background which is checking this directly automatically?
the list will have around 5.000-10.000 keywords.
You can’t do this in exactly the way you’re describing (validating input to a new row before accepting the input).
But you could do something with an intermediate table. How it would work is you’d have another table, maybe called
It would have 1 row.
Its columns would be
keyword (text), a
submit button, and a
Submit button flow:
- If keyword already exists in the main table, set message column to “this keyword already exists”
- Add the keyword row to the main table
- Set message column to “Keyword added”
- Delete the keyword from the add keyword table
For bonus points
- Clear the message field after a period of time (you could explore automations, or some hidden columns with raw message, message timestamp, and timer)
- Have separate version of this submit form per user of the doc
Thanks a lot @nick-HE
that sounds interesting!
I will try this!
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.