Bug? Inconsistent handling of dates

The same value in a date column seems to sometimes be treated as a date (in formulas), and sometimes be treated as not-a-date (in calendar view).

I have a date column which references another date column for its value (basically, the start date column value is the previous row’s end date column value). This column’s value works correctly in date formulas (e.g., +Days(1)), and the column isn’t giving me any errors for having an incorrect value there, so I assume it’s actually a date. However, the calendar view of the table wouldn’t work with that column as the start date until I added a .ToDate() to end of the formula generating the column values. I assume this is a bug?

Dear @Mikhail_Gordin,

:bulb:In general it’s a good practice to create a dummy doc where you put the example and explain the expected outcome.

This will make it more easily to make analysis, without reproducing the doc, respecting the time of the community members

1 Like

Hi @Jean_Pierre_Traets,

Sure, happy to post an example:

I’m actually getting slightly different behavior now than I thought I was yesterday. Without the .ToDate() in the Start Date column formula, date formulas within the same table work fine (see the End Date column). However, date formulas outside the table, and calendar views of the table, seem to be treating the column as text instead of as a date. With the .ToDate(), they all work fine.