Button and Disable If logic

I created a button to delete rows in a table once a checkbox is active. That works fine. Next I used in the button for the ‘disable if’ the following rule:

[table to test time].Checkbox=False() OR [table to test time].ID.IsBlank()

And this works for the first row, but not for the second, third etc meaning that the button becomes active when adding a second row, a third row and so on.

Is this a bug or does my Disable If rule miss something important?

The example you find here, simple add a row and one minute later the checkbox becomes active and you can start deleting.

thanks for feedback!

@Christiaan_Huizer

Try this: [table to test time].[checkbox 2].ContainsOnly(false) OR [table to test time].Count()=0

I also set up a second option in your doc (the blue button).

1 Like

@Ander, that is wonderful feedback. I go for option 2. I am afraid that buttons in my table will slow down the doc quite a bit over time.

When reading your solution and certainly this part

• ContainsOnly() addresses the LIST of all rows in the table.

I have the idea that some functions are better used when working horizontally, on row level like =False() while others do a better job when working vertically (list logic) like containsOnly() and Count() . Would you agree with this or I am simply mistaken?

Anyway thanks for your support, very much appreciated!
Christiaan, Ghent, Belgium

1 Like

@Christiaan_Huizer

(A-formulas): When “working horizontally”, you’re addressing values on a single row. So formulas designed to manipulate single values are well-suited for this.

(B-formulas): When “working vertically (list logic)”, you’re addressing values in multiple rows (a list of rows). So formulas designed to manipulate lists are well-suited for this.

But you can also use A-formulas on the values of a list, while iterating through it.

And you can also use B-formulas on a single item (row, cell, canvas formula) that holds a list.:grin:

2 Likes