Button formula finally (almost) down :(

Thank you for the update!

Please give us some official way to render inline buttons. Can’t say for everyone (although evidently it’s not only me who needs this) but I often find myself needing:

• A variable number of buttons rendered inline, e.g. these are Concatenated from a table:

• Different-colored buttons in different rows (no example at hand; I’m using colored labels instead because coloring a Button() is very risky):

• A button inline with text either within a cell sometimes:

or as part of a canvas/cell function that may hide the button altogether:

Before clicking the button:

After clicking that button:

• Adding a button to a table group to enable for custom logic. E.g. here a button is necessary to provide Add Row capability because the normal “add row” button would not automatically resolve the lookup (because we’re not grouping on a Lookup). Of course we could have a separate column for a button, but we’re constrained in horizontal space there:

• Sometimes I’d like to not have a disabled button to keep the table cleaner. A disabled button with regular label would add visual clutter. Right now I have to render buttons with empty label to aid that, but imagine a long grey line here that would only distract the user. I’d rather not have this at all:

and many similar scenarios where this would be useful

10 Likes