Can I forward Gmail messages to my Coda database?

I have an email in my Gmail inbox that I’d like to turn into an action item. I’d like to be able to pre-populate a row in a table with that email’s subject line, the sender, and the body of the email.

Is there a way to do this? I know that I can use Coda to create and send new emails from Coda. But can I use Gmail to create new rows in a Coda table, from within Gmail?

Possible workaround – can I use Coda to pull in all the emails from a particular Gmail folder or label into a table, then have a button I can press to turn a particular email into an entry in a different table? Then, if I did that, can I perform an action on the original Gmail email – say, put it into a different “completed” folder?

Thanks!

• Maria
1 Like

Interesting idea @Maria_Korolov,

I think one way you could do that is via using Zapier. that would let you automatically move contents of your email into a specific table

here’s a starting UI in zapier - this way you could apply certain labels to mail in gmail and use that as a signal for zapier to push content of that message into coda.

1 Like