Can I run an automation when a specific value in a drop down is chosen

I would like to run an automation that sends a notice to a person whose name is selected in a drop down menu within a cell (not sure that is the right word in Coda). I am at the point in the “If” portion of the formula asks for a change in the row under a given column.

Hi there @Scot_Stobbe :grin: and Welcome to the Community :tada: !

Well, I must admit that it’s been a very long time since I’ve been playing with Automations but for your Automation, you could add a Modified on field (Property type of field) to your table which will update itself each time something changes in the rows (anything).

The trigger for your automation should be the changes in the row of your select list and in the if statement, you could add a formula looking like :

[YourTable].[Modified on]<=Now()

There might be some delay in between the moment the automation is triggered and the actual result of the automation though (receiving the notification) :blush: .

I hope this helps :blush:

I can see how that would work. Thank you. I need one more bit of guidance. I know how to add a formula to the “Then” statement, but I don’t know how to do that in the “If” or “When” statement.

Hey @Scot_Stobbe you can definitely accomplish this with automations! Make them trigger on row changed and then you need to click the line between the then section to get the if section to show up. Here’s an example. Good luck!

That is excellent. Thank you very much!