Time-based trigger based on table value - is this possible?

Hey! I’m looking to trigger automations based on when a time is reached within my table.

What’s the best way to do this?

Hi @Joe_Kattan

Fornow you can trigger automation on absolute time, and when a row is changed (we wont speak about webhook here)

So there is my proposal :

• in a table, put the Date and Time you want your trigger to be activated
  • Also put a checkbox with this formula TimeToTrigger=Now(). The checkbox will briefly goes from false to true and false again when Now() will hit the value in your table

• Run an automation like this, that should see when your checkbox flips

• There you go

Thanks for the idea by the way, interesting use case !

Let me know if its ok for you

Cheers

Q.

You actually can’t trigger an automation with an formulaic column. I’m not sure how you’re automation went through, but I can see that the “Now” checkbox is not checked…

Yep that’s what I just figured… after my automation run anyway :stuck_out_tongue: ahah cant explain that one… !

If you need it to run at an exact time down to the minute, you can use @Leandro_Zubrezki scheduler pack.

Leandro can you link it??

1 Like

Yes 100%, you have a couple of options:

1. Webhook based: Create a webhook based automation and schedule it to run in the future at a specific date and time.
  2. Button press based: Schedule the press of a button in a table to happen in the future at a specific date and time.
4 Likes

Oh my ! So cool, the worst with packs, is that sometimes we do not even know they’re are, just waiting for us :heart_eyes: Thanks mate !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.