Coda 2.0 Pricing Updates

Hi @Paul_Danyliuk,

Cross-doc actions are launched!

With the quick turn-around for the new pricing model, the launch of our Referral Program, and adding these new features, we’re still sorting out some of the documentation and announcements.

We’ll be making those updates soon.

Ben

5 Likes

Fairly new to Coda, but this post definately has me feeling like I need to learn and participate here. Love the honesty and attention to user satisfaction.

2 Likes

:clap: Great work on the new updates. Stoked on folders! :open_file_folder::+1:

2 Likes

Well, this is exciting! I know some people will try to game the system but for myself this encourages me to support what you’re trying to achieve.

This also gives me the push I need to work on cross-doc ideas that will make my work life easier. Unfortunately, my company is unlikely to jump in as they have ‘spreadsheet fatigue’, but I’m working on other projects that will introduce others to Coda.io and get them using and trying Coda.io for themselves.

Great news and a fantastic response to constructive comments on the pricing!

3 Likes

This is great, thank you!!!
Your attention to the user community is much appreciated

4 Likes

That’s great news! I thought it was a little bit confusing either but it now seems no be more clear.

3 Likes

You are so amazing! Great thanks for all those things and decisions! :partying_face:
Most of them I was dreamed about but you’ve made them reality :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m such a Coda champion at my company and this is exactly why. A phenomenal product that’s just getting better and better. Awesome work, Coda team!

3 Likes

The NPO offering is going to make a difference to a lot of people! Thank you for considering that so early in your pricing model. I’m spreading the word!

4 Likes

Yes but $40/month is quite expensive for my team of 1 :).

1 Like

First, you guys are heroes.

Second, any possibility of “retroactive” referrals? Or can I re-invite people who I’ve already invited previously?

Hey @cnr, while we appreciate you spreading word of mouth about Coda before the launch of the referral program, unfortunately it is not retroactive, so you’ll only get credit for users you refer going forward. We hope that the $20 per referral promotion will help you catch up on credits, though!

1 Like

Great job - thank you. This will definitely help you & us roll out Coda to a much wider audience

3 Likes

Much better indeed! Have you also reconsidered the caps on the number of automations?

2 Likes

Amazing update. Thanks a lot :grinning: never have been this happy to pay for a product :smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Patrick_Mackaaij,

Thank you for the reply! During our deep dives into feedback, we found that the ease of sharing was the highest priority item on the list and focused our efforts there. Offering unlimited automations does come at at cost, so we are keeping these in place.

Thank you again for posting,

Ben

3 Likes

I already spoke with the pricing team back in the fall last year but I was curious if there’s been any thoughts from the Coda team since then on whether there could be room for an additional tier between free and pro?

I have been using a Coda doc for notes/memory bank for development work with code snippets etc which I am very happy with but it’s a doc that I will continually add more to over time, it’s already 200% over the free limit but $12 a month for this sole use (effectively just text) is a bit steep so I’ve been exploring other options.

Sure I’ll have other use cases to come back to Coda later but for this particular use the pricing doesn’t fit

1 Like

@Josh_Unwin1
Market Price:

For Personal plan price : $4 - 5 - 7 /m , Annal free 2 months. $48/year ( Discount 50% $24/years)

For Team plan price: $8 - 10 - 12 /user/m , Annal free 2 months.

the currently Personal plan price $10/m contains 2 parts advanced Table features and Doc features , such as > 50 objects( sections, button, table, etc) . you just need Doc features, just need much more sections, and Rows < 1000, not much more automatic .

I think $ 4 or 5 /m is fit for you , for persnoal plan . unlimited sections, but limited Rows, other objects.

Hi @Steve_Yang ,

Thanks for the reply! I’m a bit confused, are you saying these plans are available now? Or is this your suggestion to the Coda team? The Personal plan concept you’re speaking of is exactly the sort of thing I’m imagining too, including the price point of around $4pm.

Hi @Josh_Unwin1

Not already available now and not suggested to Coda Team.

I just got price ideas by your requirements.

And I though more about Price , for example, unlimited sections for free plan (the same as Notion) , limited Rows < 1200 ( the same as Airtable) . like this.

I’ll think more clear and make a price table, and then suggest .