Coda comments to Slack [integration]

Is there any way to push a Slack notification every time that there is a comment in Coda?

Our team is handling almost all communication in Slack and it would help us to have a way to push all Coda comments there as well.

4 Likes

@Raul_San_N.H was there any verdict to this?

Hi Nelson (and Raul),

This is an awesome idea and one we’ve discussed a bit internally. Thanks for bringing it up! We don’t have this on our near term roadmap but if you’re up for it, I’d love to chat with you about your needs and pass it forward to the rest of the product dev team.

Preeyanka

3 Likes

@Raul_San_N.H I got you.

1. Got to coda.io/account and set your Notifications to on.
  2. Set up an Zapier Email Parser account (https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser/integrations) and get a dedicated email address
  3. Config your email provider to forward all coda email notifications to the parser address
  4. Setup a zap using the email parser account to extract the relevant notification text, and then add a step to post to slack!

Hope this works

2 Likes

Hey @preeyanka, I’d love that. Feel free to schedule some time to chat here: https://calendly.com/raul-77/30min

Thank you!

Hey @Johg_Ananda this is a great hack.

How would you make sure that the notification only goes out to the person that is meant to receive the notification (vs everyone on the team?). I could see us creating a Zap per person but it seems too time consuming and redundant.

Thank you again!

You would need to have the notification’s forwarded for each user. All of the emails could be sent to the same parser address which would reduce drag. Then have the parser ‘parse’ the recipient. Use a zapier ‘Lookup Table’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwsLv2kEbo) to compare the recipient against the unique Slack handle or ID needed to post the message. This would allow you to keep the entire functionality in one zap.

2 Likes

Just wondering if this is on the roadmap for Coda development with the Slack pack yet?

Hi Benjamin! Thanks for checking. We’re thinking about how we might make the Slack experience better.

What are some of the specific use cases you are looking to solve if we were to better integrate Slack and Coda?

@Punit_Shah Hi!
We noticed that Coda not reading Slask url of this kind:
slack: // user? team = 21321321 & id = 213213213
Such URLs allow you to open a private message directly in the slack application.

Can you add support for this link format?

@Punit_Shah Hey thanks for reaching out. I am looking specifically to have my Coda Notifications rout directly to an assigned Slack channel. We, as an agency, live in slack world and are leaning on Coda more each day. It would be great to just have the notifications come to slack so we can stay closer to Coda.

So in my profile I want to hook up Slack as a Notification type.

I have seen other folks try to do this with converting email to slack messages, but those are batched and not every notification get’s pushed to email if you are in app.

Just looking for a more solid connection here.