Slack notifications for tasks - not notifying

Hello! I am trying to set up task notifications in Slack for my team. Here’s what I have so far:

The issues are that I am the only one that is getting anything in Slack AND it doesn’t notify me. It just puts the task in my own Slack channel and I just happened to check if it showed up there.

I’m thinking I need to make it a channel rather than an email but I’m not totally sure how to go about that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Sabriel, thanks for reaching out! Would you mind sharing your doc with us so we can take a look at what you’ve built?

You can do that by going to the Share in the top right-hand corner, clicking the button in the top right (to the left of the “X”), and toggling on Share with Coda Support (the gif below shows how to do this).

Afterward, please send us the link (copy/paste this from the address bar) to your doc so we can take a look for you.

For your particular situation, I would recommend checking out this help article which details how you can setup Slack notifications like this: Slack Pack | Coda Help Center. Please let us know if that helps!

-Shaina

here you are!

https://coda.io/d/Third-Sun-Workspace_dt3wWFrfTJu/Sabriel_su4F1#_luyuQ

Sabriel Gee (Say-Bree-Uhl)
she/her/hers
Third Sun Productions
sabriel@thirdsun.com
www.thirdsun.com

Let me know if that worked for you! I changed the button slightly and found that my automation isn’t working now.

Hey Sabriel, sorry for the confusion here. Are you trying to send a notification to yourself? I think that’s the issue here.

If you send a notification to someone else, they’ll get the Slack notification complete with sound and highlighted channel, but if you’re sending a message from yourself, I think Slack just assumes you already know or something like that.

As a workaround, you can create a Slack bot account in Slack, then use that as a Shared login in the doc to send messages to yourself that way. Hope this explanation helps clarify in the meantime!

The pattern I use is creating a Slack user just for this purpose (mine’s named CodaBot); that user is the one to @mention people, so that they always get notifications

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.