Codahosted.io deceptive site warning

@mallika this is probably something y’all want to look into quickly.

Multiple members of my geographically distributed team and I are all seeing Chrome errors on codahosted.io saying:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on codahosted.io may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

Looking at their transparency report database, though, y’all aren’t showing up, so maybe they just need to push an update to the Chrome blacklist.

In either case, figured it’s worth bringing up!

4 Likes

Same of Brave Browser :wave:

Same thing for us. Using Chrome.

3 team members seeing it here.

Same for me and one member of my team. We’re both using Chrome.

Same for us. Using chrome as well.

Here’s the post from our Coda Status page. This is a coda domain and we’re working on resolving the issue.

Google has incorrectly flagged a Coda domain as a phishing site. We have contacted Google and are working on mitigating the issue.

3 Likes

Thank for the update. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Google incorrectly flagged a Coda domain as a phishing site, and the issue has now been resolved.

We’re working with Google to prevent it from happening in the future. In case you’re still getting the screen, try re-opening the doc and/or re-loading your browser. We apologize for any disruption in service.

As a reminder, you can check status.coda.io for updates related to site status.

1 Like

Google Safe Browsing services has created this warning message in order to protect its users from browsing unsafe online content. This message usually means that your website is hacked and Google has marked it insecure. These sites are often called phishing or malware sites.

You can visit a page or access a downloaded file that shows a warning. This isn’t recommended.

• Visit an unsafe page
  • On your computer, open Chrome.
  • On the page where you see a warning, click Details.
  • Click Visit this unsafe site.
  • The page will load.

When you visit an unsafe site, Chrome will try to remove the unsafe content from the page.

The adware behind the fake Deceptive Site Ahead alerts is not an ingenious virus. It cannot install itself. No, it needs your approval to enter. So, it uses a lot of trickery to gain your permission. It usually hitches a ride with other software. So, pay close attention when browsing the Internet, and when downloading/installing software.