Column Layout for Coda

This got my upvote as well.

I’d love something like a WYSIWYG editor, similar to what you use to build websites without code. They normally contain native scaling for different screen sizes as well, which would be perfect for viewing the doc on mobile.

Currently, I use Power BI for dashboarding, but would really like to make the full switch to Coda for this as well.

1 Like

My main issue is that at the moment I’m in the process of deciding between Notion an Coda. From my (management) perspective Coda is a better fit because of automation and formula.

However, a large part of the team needs an easy to use wiki workflow that can easily be worked with. The general control we have over the content in pages in Coda is simply too lacking if you compare it to something like Notion.

So column or block-based control has my vote.

5 Likes

+1 would be really awesome to be able to have graphs next to each other to create a dashboard style section.

1 Like

Horizontal layouts - Yes please!!!

GJ_Roelofs Choosing between Notion & Coda is one hell of a tough decision to make. Notion aces getting team knowledge up to speed fast, integrating the crucial views, structures and perspectives of a strategic collaboration domain, while Coda nails user friendly data driven service operations. I’ve been running multiple projects in both, and each one keeps dragging me back - but the switching back and forth is less than elegant. Currently wishing I could just embed Coda docs into Notion.

6 Likes

I would like this feature too. Sometimes bullet points in my docs gets longer and longer. I want some of them to be visible side by side. At least three column should be there.

1 Like

Not really what you all are looking for, but still something:

+1 for better use of horizontal space! Would change the game!
I’m very visual, and when deciding between the “N” app and Coda, I had to go with the former, for the possibilities to split layout into columns freely, even though I enjoy many of Coda’s features.

3 Likes

I’ve tried this before. And it’s limitations far outweigh it’s benefits. And there are some SEVERE limitations.

I’d love to be able to have 2 tables side by side, so that I can use the left one as vertical menu to control the right one.
For example something like this, to filter out content. But vertical, aside of the filtered table.

Wow. Yes. So true. That’d be great.
If this becomes true, I could even use Coda for my presentation.

Only the biggest limitation for using Coda for PPT is the lack of control over the placement of objects, unlike a presentation software.

1 Like

Any news about this feature? Is this planned?

Yes I really wish this was a thing, but unfortunately I don’t think they will be implementing this. but the use cases are so valid

I hope they will implement it, maybe some team member can take a second from their time and give us an update.

We have notes on this and we do hear your feedback. No ETA or blueprints to share, but this is something that’s discussed.

5 Likes

+1 would love this feature.

Currently using Notion, and their implementation is very simple and elegant:

3 Likes

Yes pelase.

It’s an easy feature to support. Really.

Notion is out. Look at https://cloverapp.co/. more flexible layout

3 Likes

this new app looks really good! requesting access now.

@TechPlasma, @Ander, @LuisHM, @Thomas_Mohr, @Joe_Innes, @Miquel_Santasusana, @Jensen_Raylight, @Rolf_Tjalsma, @GJ_Roelofs, @Paul_Hitchenson [and anyone else who reads this later]
Please click through to :point_down:

(2021-04-22)

3 Likes

@Nate_Gerber1, @anon34647391, @virgil, @Aaron_Wee, @Jeremy_Carr, @Huayang_GUO, @Nacho, @tomavatars, @Carlo_De_Pascalis, @Alexey
Please click through to :point_down:

(2021-04-22)

1 Like