I have some experience with Mediawiki, which is great for this. Wondering if coda is appropriate for something like this (yet!).
I want to create a crowd-sourced directory of local businesses, where the local community can contribute data want there to be two levels:
- Admins that setup everything.
- regular contributing ‘editors’, who will crowd-source the data
- I want to have admins to have the option of explicitly approving new ‘editor’ registrations or not. And want new editor registrations to always require an email confirmation
- I want admin tools to review the contributions of ‘editors’.
- Admin tools to undo unwanted/spam contributions, including in bulk.
- And remove editors.