Conditional format on canvas

“Conditional format” is one of the most interesting features of Coda. But we are only able to use conditional format inside a table. Another interesting thing would be to use “conditional format” also on canvas. For example: Imagine that on a report, on canvas, I have something like this: "Total = [this formula: Table.Field.Sum()]
I would like the value to be “green bold” if the total is positive or “red bold” if the total is negative.
Conditional format on canvas, will be a way for everybody to create better reports.

2 Likes

Hi, sure it would be great to have more possibility on the canvas.

For the time being, I would suggest to use a table and hide the Name, Headers and the Row grid lines

1 Like

I agree that conditional formatting should be available beyond tables.

At a minimum it should also be able to apply conditional formatting to any named formula on the canvas, which is what I think @Orbitrix_Consulting suggests in their post.

I do not think that a table with hidden Name, Headers, and grid lines is suitable at all. These tables cannot be integrated into a canvas in the ways that formulas can be.

An alternative would be to create new formulas for rendering formatting. I could imagine formulas like Bold() or Italic() that take text as input, or Color() that would take a color and text as input. But this approach, while possibly easier to implement, is a lot clunkier than allowing conditional formatting on formulas directly. (See the Formatting Pack for a third party attempt to accomplish this.)

+1 :slight_smile: I always set up lovely conditional formatting on my tables, then switch to detail view or card view or whatever and forget that the formatting won’t transfer over…