Cross-doc to client docs - filtered views for view only non-users?

Sorry to hear that but you cannot do it otherwise. The name nomenclature is largely for your own good (and there’s not much to it — like, make one view and call it OUT? or make a __read column for rules?) and there shouldn’t be any complexity really to do what you need — just give each student a token and set it up in each of the individual docs. It may just seem like it because I never found time to make simple documentation for it. With webhooks there would be much more complexity, to be honest.

Happy to assist you with setting it up if you’re interested — DM me or write at paul@codatricks.com

If you absolutely don’t want my pack, here’s the least painful way to do it with Cross-doc

— but yes, you’ll still need 150 individual views for each student’s export. You can generate those with DuplicatePage now. The downside is that now that you’ll have 150 views, that’s gonna be 150x the recalculation time on filters on any row addition/removal/change.

Then there’s always external solutions like app scripts, Integromat, Zapier to read rows from the main doc and push them into individual docs. But at that point it would be more viable to just do webhooks.