Custom icons/emoji in docs?

I’d like to do something like add a github emoji/icon to links that are specific to github.

I have a custom icon :github: however it can’t be used IN a document, unless I’m doing it wrong.

Is this something we’ll be able to do sometime?

1 Like

Hey @Brian_Morin
Though I am not sure whether those link your refer to are inside a table or not. If its a table you can open a new table that will be only for emojis, where youll have to upload the emojis as image and then do a “relation” column for the emoji you would like that will appear - Here you can see a way better explanation than mine
Then another thing I did is to create a button (which can be both inside a column or free in the doc) that open the link you´ll put and there is an option of Github icon for the button (though if its in a table it will be for the whole column).
*Not an expert over here but still I hope I managed to help a bit

Not specifically. I’d simply like to use custom icons/emojis inline text. e.g.

This :github: action performs the following tasks..

Something like that.

Expanding upon @Asaf_Chip 's idea -

You can create a table that has all your icons in an image column, plus a column for the icon name.
Then you can call in the image into the canvas using a filter formula. It’s a little tedious, but depending on how many you have, you could name the formulas so you only have to do =IconName
Table.Filter(Name=IconName).Image

Well then, that works. Shame because the emojis aren’t global. Think I’ll provide some feedback to coda that custom emojis make remote work bearable.

Hey @Brian_Morin ! Thanks for reaching out and glad you got some help on this from some other Community members. While this is not possible at this time, this sounds like a feature request the Coda team has been tracking. That said, we have moved this post into the Suggestion Box for other members of the Community to chime in on this. We’ve gone ahead and tracked your vote for this feature formally.

1 Like