Date Column Autofills

My Pickup Date column is auto filling random dates. It wasn’t doing this before, but it suddenly appeared. This causes my Due Date field to auto-populate too since it’s set to add 42 days to whatever is in the Pickup Date field.

I can add a formula to have it set the pickup date to today as soon as the Check Out To field is entered. But I want the flexibility to be able to say that an item can be checked out on another day – just not today. If I try to get the field to go blank, I then lose the ability to click within the cell and get the popup calendar.

Capture

The view below shows there’s no formula for the Pickup Date column.

Capture

Dear @agoodman,

Would you mind to share a copy of your dummy doc to be able to play around and to see how you have set up it so far?

:bulb:
This will make it much easier for any community member to start helping you.

Hello, @Jean_Pierre_Traets! When I started building the demo, the problem reappeared immediately when I added my due date column. The formula is Pickup Date + Days(42). As soon as I typed that in, I got 2/10/1900 in each row. I didn’t even finish setting up the checkout demo since the error showed up so quickly.

I don’t recall it doing this originally (before I began adding other features to my checkout process).

Dear @agoodman,

Just a quick reply, as I am not able to play from behind my desktop.

As soon as there is a pick up date, you formula works correct, isn’t it?
My logic from the name of this table "book checkout"means that all books in this table should have a pickup date to my opinion.

According your feedback I hope to get a better understanding of your logical process :handshake:

You’re right! It works as soon as there is a pickup date selected. It just looks funny that when there isn’t a pickup date it shows a (seemingly) random return date. I’m building this out for my colleague who is less tech-savvy and I suspect it’ll bother her to see that random date sitting there.

Hello @agoodman! you could add an If statement so it doesn’t show anything when Pickup Date is blank

If(thisRow.[Pickup Date].IsBlank(),"",thisRow.[Pickup Date]+Days(42))

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m sorry – that should have been obvious to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like