Display when a column has been modified

Dear Coda lovers, :sparkles:

I am coming accross a challange with having a column to display when “column 1” has been modified.

When “column 1” has been manually updated the formula If([Column 1],[Column 1].Modified()+hours(10) ,"") will do the job (I am located in Sofia, Bulgaria, therefore I use the +hours(10) to get my timezone) :grinning:

But now I am trying to find a solution to display when a COLUMN was modified as result of an update in a reference table. The value in “Column 1” is a result of the outcome of a calculation made with a formula.

You will make my day if we find a solution to this subject :trophy:

Amicable,
Jean Pierre

1 Like

Hey @Jean_Pierre_Traets,

I knot the reply is way delayed, but any chance you’d share a copy or example of the type of table relationship you have and what column you’d want to track for modification? Would love to see if I can help figure this one out!

Moriah :wave:

Dear @Moriah,

Thanks coming back on this old question: :handshake:

LastModifiedTime

The usecase for this specific demand to see when a column has been updated is like in the picture above, where we are interested to see when the status was updated.

:bulb:
The picture above is from “Airtable”, and I am aware that with the buttons that Coda has available, we can monitor when this button has been pushed to update the status and therefore the question above isn’t that relevant anymore.

Keep up with the great and unique developments that make Coda stand out :trophy:

@Jean_Pierre_Traets

I am sure you know but in case if you dont, Modified(<column name>) will always give you a specific time a column is modified.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Dear @Krunal_Sheth,

I wasn’t aware of this possibility, thanks highlighting this. :gem:

@Jean_Pierre_Traets, another option is automations-

• Open up the automations panel, using the robot icon on the right side of the toolbar
  • Create a new rule, that triggers when a row is changed in the table you want to watch, specifically when the thing changed was the “Status” column of that row
  • Then, you can do a few different types actions with your automation – notify you or other users, send an email or slack message with packs, create a new row somewhere else, or (in the image below) set a new column value for the last time the status was modified :smile:

1 Like