Dual action slider

It would be helpful to have a dual-action slider - that is, one that enables you to select both minimum and maximum values. For example, I am setting up a doc to manage the hiring of a new employee. I am currently researching related job advertisements in my area to get a feel for expected salary. I have these two columns -

It would be great to be able to just have a single column that enables me to set the minimum/maximum values of the column as say 40,000 and 120,000 respectively, and then within each cell, be able to select a range (eg 55,000 to 65,000).

2 Likes

Dear @anon86103599,

Good suggestion, +1 from my side too.

This is the way I am using for the time being:

1 Like

Great suggestion, thanks! It’s something we’ve definitely looked at in the past and I’ll pass on your feedback to the team.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jean_Pierre_Traets … I ended up doing exactly that. It’s one of the great things about Coda, there’s almost always a way to get most of what you want I think!

2 Likes

The problem I see is Coda would have to assign this a special datatype (what kind of data is a pair of number? and how do you make use of that datatype in formulas, for instance?). Using two separate columns sidesteps the datatype issue completely.