Duplicate a page and add to table

I am trying to create a table with all the meetings I have coming up. For each meeting I want to have a separate page for agenda and notes. To achieve this I have created a page that acts like a template which I am then duplicating and renaming using DuplicatePage([Weekly Catch up \[Template\]], Today().join(' ','- Weekly Catchup')) this gives me a new meeting page prefixed with todays date.

Once I have created the new page I want to add it as a row in my meetings table, ideally as a title linked in the name column.

I have to issues, firstly I don’t know how to chain actions to carry the data across. So once I create my new page how can I store the page title and url to be used in the subsequent action to add it as a new row on the meetings table.

Secondly I see no way in the Coda formulas to target specific pages.

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Unfortunately no not yet.

I sort of have a jenky solution to the problem. I separated out my meeting notes into its own document and then added a Copydoc button to the top. I use Crossdoc to populate tables inside each meeting doc and then Crossdoc Addrow to write data back to the original table. I don’t quite know how to reflect the new doc’s URL or reference so that would be the next step. It might be as simple as thisDocument

Update

There is now a new function on the button, called duplicate page trust fulfills this functionality.

1 Like