Filter with date picker

Hello Folks,

I have a question about automatic date picking filter.

I would to build a report that can dinamicly change DATA with a date range picker.

Everyday I push automaticaly my data here : https://coda.io/d/Data_d0Dbkuvl5tg (i made an example to show you)

Then I builded a report here : https://coda.io/d/Data_d0Dbkuvl5tg/Automatic-Report_susdj#_lufCp

But I can’t figured out how can I change the data automaticaly according to the date range picker for exemple (1 day data, last seven days…)

And that is possible to put two data range ? To see the difference between 2 periods…

Thank you in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @Pfgope And welcome to the community :slight_smile:

As you probably have seen in your doc, i’ve edited a formula of your canvas formulas
The trick is to use filter differently, see before and after:

Before:
Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 12.00.20

After:
Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 11.59.52

Write here if you have any doubts :slight_smile:

P.s. in before the formula is to get delivery and in after is for purchase so they are not actually the same but i think you got the concept :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Pfgope, hope you continue to enjoy CODA.

Mario and I worked on your table at the same time, I have shown an alternative way to do achieve the same in the document by creating a view and then reading columns from the table.

Many ways to skin a cat…

2 Likes

Hello @Piet_Strydom & @Mario ,

Thank you very much for your help ! Exactly what I needed :slight_smile:

Have a nice day

1 Like

Sorry to bother you again, but do you know if that is possible to sum the data of the choosen time frame ?

For example if I choose in my date ranger picker 1st & 2d December how can I sum them automatically ? Instead of showing the data separate like 3, 32. It’s seems a bit tricky but I can’t figured how to do that or even if that is possible :smiley:

EDIT : Thanks to @Pch. The good formula to do that is : [Table 1].Filter(Day.Matches([daterangepicker 2])).Purchase.Sum()`

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink: !

HI Paul-Francois,

In this reference manual I show how to do that in a table, as well as several other problems that I have had to solve. There is also a link to subscribe if You would like to be updated with changes.