Hi all

I know how to filter a result if A = A

i.e.
Table1.filter(“A”=“A”).result

But what if the the column has more than one result i.e. A, B, C

“A” = “A” will no longer work

I’ve tried “A”.contains(“A”, “B”, “C”)
But the next column in line depends on the result of this one:

i.e. if A=A show 1, if B=B show 2, if C=C, show 3.

If I use .contains()
“A”.contains(“A”, “B”, “C”) will show 1, 2 and 3 because A, B and C are contained in that column

It need an exact match, it doesn’t work if its ‘true’.

I tried using lookup but I can only lookup one column, I need to lookup multiple columns.

Thanks

Does this put you in the right direction (click on the results to see the formula):

Thank you @Joseph_B

The ‘AND’ got me other the line.

Thanks for this. Is there a way to do something like this with a dropdown list? e.g. I have keyword tagging and would like people to be able to filter a table that includes one or multiple keyword tags for a row entry.

I might be looking at this wrong way so if there’s a better approach than a dropdown, I’m open to advice on what would work best. If possible, I’d like to be able filter by more than dropdown, e.g. filter by keyword tags and by company name.

To explain, this is for discoverability. I’m creating an article tracker, so people can see what content has been produced in the past on what key subjects and for what client.

I guess what I’m saying is that I want to be able to do the auto-filtering by columns that you can do in Excel/Google Docs without being presented with something that looks like a formula. That would just scare aware my users.