Flexible canvas

I would like to have more flexibility with the canvas. The current canvas size is defined by Coda. I would like to have the ability to adjust the canvas size. For my usage, I use a page as a dashboard, but unable to use the entire screen. Only Board view and Table view scale with the screen size. Imagine having the page on a 70-in TV and most of the component can only fill the left half (or less) of the TV.

Hello @Dayton_Dang ,

I agree completely. There is sort of a work-around: make a table with one column (canvas type) and one (or more rows). Hide the table title and column heading and make the column as wide as you want.

This gives you a wide canvas. The canvas column does not have an outside width limitation. Whatever you put inside does not have a width limit either. Getting your contents correctly sized and spaced inside your canvas cell can be a bit of a challenge, but it works.

Of course, you can use a couple of canvas columns in your master table and make them all the same width - or different widths.

Don’t forget to set the preview to on in the column settings.

But keep in mind that canvas cells can’t be locked (yet (?)), so think about who gets access to this table.

Greetings, Joost

2 Likes