Further localization of currencies and numbers

Hello,

We are still waiting for this feature and Notion has already implemented it, not only that, but they have translated the entire interface.

It’s really frustrating that the app I want to stop using (Notion) has implemented the feature we’ve been asking for for so long in the app I want to use (Coda).

Sadly I’m still unable to use Coda because of this and I’m still using Excel and Notion and keeping an eye on Loop

1 Like

Really huge +1 to implement this!

2 Likes

+1

We’ve been shying away from building client-facing dashboards in Coda so far because of this …

5 Likes

+1 for this- I believe especially for accounting purposes this is critical for clarity.

Regards

Luca

1 Like

this is kind a bummer for an aged request since 2018. Hopefully this will be heard soonest as patch small quality-of-life improvement rather than the recent big-thing feature releases. Hopefully for more inclusion of more currencies (Peso philippine, etc) or custom prefix/suffix field.

4 Likes

When this feature will be available? We can simply configure this into the Settings panel.

+1 for this feature
(I wish I could replace the “,” separator for thousands by a space like we do in France)

2 Likes

+1
Support for using number and date formats in different countries.

3 Likes

It is sad to see that Coda has ignored this subject for 6 years now and has not even commented on it (except for a laconic “No updates” two years ago).

3 Likes

For presenting purposes I usually setup a column with a regexReplace formula to format the currency data properly to brazilian portuguese.
It’s basically a nested regexReplace: it first replaces the comma with a pipe, then the dot with a comma (in PT-BR we use commas to separate the decimals), and lastly replaces back the pipe with a dot (our thousand separator).

RegexReplace(RegexReplace(RegexReplace([yourvalue],“\,”,“|”),“\.”,“,”),“\|”,“.”)

Since you replace the original comma to a space, you could use the formula:
RegexReplace(RegexReplace([yourvalue],“\,”," “),”\.“,”,")