Get parent name of page using formula?

What
I’m looking for a way to get the parent name of a page so that I can populate a table with it through a button.

Background
I’m currently building a document that will serve as a project management system. Each project has its own meeting folder containing all meeting notes for that project. These meeting notes are generated from a template using a button. When the button is pressed, a new meeting note is generated, and a link to the page is added to a table containing all meeting notes for all projects.

I want the button to also populate the table with the name of the project. Does anyone have an idea for how I can solve this?

Sample project

2 Likes

Hey Stian! This sounds like a feature request the Coda team has been tracking. That said, we have moved this post into the Suggestion Box for other members of the Community to chime in on this. We’ve gone ahead and tracked your vote for this feature formally :smiley:

~Nicole

Hear hear! Surfacing page name/URL information into a level accessible to formulas would be awesome and much appreciated

3 Likes

Hey Billy

I actually think there’s a way to hack this and make it happen with the doc explorer pack.

My idea would be that essentially you reference a control, or a button that is on that page (like ThisButton.objectLink())

Then what you could do is filter down and find where part of that URL matches the URL inside of the doc pages sync table from the doc explore pack

Then correspondingly from that filter, find the name of the page

I feel like it’s very likely that you can do it, I don’t have time at this moment to figure it out. But play around with it and let me know if it works! If you run into issues, I can jump in further.

2 Likes

Oooo that’s brilliant! Thanks Scott!

Let me know if it works!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.