Glossary and Tags

We’ve set-up a glossary in our document using a template. There is a column for tags. What is the purpose of tags in Coda? What is the best way to use them?

1 Like

Hi Katherine,

Welcome to Coda! I hope that you will have a wonderful journey with Coda. I am not aware of a native use of tags in Coda. Please let us know which template it is that you have used, it might be something template specific.

Regards
Piet

Thanks Piet. Tags are included as part of the Glossary template. We used this to set-up our Glossary but I’m unclear what the functionality of the tags is (and what else we might want to do with them other than have them sit in the glossary).
Processing: glossary screenshot.pdf…

Hi @Katherine_Lanovaz :blush: !

Tags are just there to categorize the content of your rows which can be very useful if, for example, you want to filter your table and only see the rows where the Tags column contains #purpose.

It’s also very useful if you wish to create views of your table. For one view you could want to show only the rows where Tags contains #technique and for another view you could display only the rows where Tags contains #rules

It’s kind of a way “search” through your table to help you retrieve some pertinent info :blush: .