Google Sheets to Coda Error

I am using @Al_Chen_Coda’ s script to pull and sync data from a Google Sheet into Coda.

I keep running into this error: Exception: Service Spreadsheets failed while accessing document with id 1pJ85OkkD-lLsV4aqEUtdZD1ORY_EMYiz.
(anonymous) @ Code.gs:27

I have double and tripple checked that the Google Sheet ID is correct. What am I missing?

Does the sheet have to be viewable to anyone with a link?

Thank you for helping me out! (I know very little about coding, so any help is appreciated)
Astha

Interesting! How often does that happen? Every single time?

Yup, it hasn’t run even once.

Interesting - Mind sharing any code, etc? I’ve gotten that error in a good amount of other google apps scripts I’ve written but its always been a one time issue that resolved itself. . .

Unfortunately without seeing more or having access to your script + doc its hard to tell

Hi @Astha_Parmar, is the Google Sheet saved as a Google Sheet and not an xlsx file? According to this forum that might be the issue.

2 Likes

@Al_Chen_Coda – first of all, thank you so very much for creating this incredible tool for all of us! And the time you take to help us troubleshoot it. It is beyond amazing :raised_hands:t4:

You were totally right. That fixed the earlier error and the script did run and added the rows. However, it ended with this TypeError:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value')
(anonymous)	@ Code.gs:288
convertValuesForSheets	@ Code.gs:285
updateCoda	@ Code.gs:97
runSync	@ Code.gs:39

If I change REWRITE_CODA_TABLE = true, then it seems to run just fine. But creates new rows instead of rewriting over the old ones.

Any ideas why? Again, I really cannot thank you enough!!!
-A

1 Like

So…I don’t know what was causing the issue. But basically I deleted myold target Coda Table and started with a new one and it worked like a charm.

It is perfect for what I needed. Thank you, thank you!

1 Like

Awesome glad that fix did the trick!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.