Hide search box in document (PLEASE!)

Dear @Coda_hq,

I know this has come up many times in the past, but it is critical and it would make such a major difference.

I just noticed that unhiding pages is now only availabla to makers - which is a very good thing. Maybe it has been like that for a while and I hadn’t noticed. but it makes a big difference in safeguarding defaults and not confusing users with reference tables and things like that.

The 4-step plan for sharing just a page is far from completion and I truly appreciate the complexity of making that secure.

As far as I am concerned, we have plenty of options setup complex docs and making them very useable for our less tech-oriented users. You know we would like a button function for printing to pdf and there are a few more wishes, but to be honest, even if you came up with that type of option today, it would still leave me with the biggest problem of all: the search box in the very left column. The work around is through an published doc in edit mode, but it won’t take long for a user to find out that he can just open the non published version of the doc and search his way around.

Therefore I am asking you to please add one doc option (perhaps in the sharing settings?): NO SEARCH FIELD

I am convinced it would make Coda immediatly so much better for all the makers that really want to share their doc(s) but can’t because of this one functionality.

In the hope you understand the importance of this ‘feature’ request,
I will be waiting for your answer.

Greetings, Joost

2 Likes