I am using a Coda form to survey my subscribers and then send that data back to ConvertKit. Here’s the “ingredients” I’m working with:
- The CK Pack’s Subscribers table. Table name =
DB CK Subscribers
- A table to run my survey out of. Table name =
- Custom fields in ConvertKit. These accept strings of text, nothing else.
- The CK Pack’s
The questions I ask in my Coda form are mapped 1-1 with 4 unique custom fields I have for every subscriber on my list.
The following steps describe my first attempt at getting this data from subscribers, into Coda, and passed over to ConvertKit:
- Subscriber receives an email from me with a link to my Coda form survey. I pass their unique SubscriberID (managed by CK) as a URL parameter so they don’t have to tell me who they are.
- They fill out the form and submit it.
- The form submission adds a new row to my
SVRY Segmentationtable. Along with their answers, I also recapture their SubscriberID so I can match their form submission to my record of them in my table
DB CK Subscribers(managed by the CK Pack) via a lookup.
- A filtered view of
DB CK Subscribersshows me Subscribers whose most recent segmentation survey submission does not match what I have in
SVRY Segmentation. This view is called
CK Subscribers who need updating.
- A Button runs the CK Pack’s
UpdateSubscriber()Action in a
ForEachformula that runs over the
CK Subscribers who need updatingand populate the subscriber’s most recent survey data in the columns that map to my CK custom fields.
I run the action, but get this error message:
I’m at a loss about how to proceed. This error message doesn’t provide any advice about how I can resolve this. I’m open to ideas for a different workflow for collecting and moving this data around if anyone thinks that will help. I don’t imagine there’s anything I can do about ConvertKit’s servers so… am I just out of luck?