How to compile people mentioned in same row in one column (a 'team' column)

I have a table that lists out clients and all the different roles that are relevant to that client (ie. facebook manager, google manager, UI/UX manager, email manager). The final column on this table is dedicated to the ‘team’ - where all of the people contributing to these roles from that client-specific row are listed out in one cell - is this possible?

I think its possible - it might depend on how you are treating the ‘people’ column; what type of column data do you have it set as? (text, lookup, people, number, etc)

Hey @Tim_Gachot think you’d have to share how your roles are set up as well. Is there 1 person serving each of your defined roles? (FB Manager, Google Manager, etc…) or are there multiple individuals serving those roles. If it’s the latter I think at some point you’d still have to select the specific individuals serving in those roles, which you could accomplish with a lookup column type and switch on the “allow multiple selections” setting.

Hi @Tim_Gachot, from your description I think I’ve been trying to solve a similar problem. I have separate people columns for each of the team functions (i.e. design, front-end etc.) and have been trying to create a “Full Team” column which shows all of the people involved in that row.

I played around with SWITCHIF for for a while and am now using a LIST formula with IF statements within it. This works but I haven’t figured out how to handle blank values i.e. columns with no team member in so the results look a bit buggy at the moment.

Have you tried something like :

Filter(IsNotBlank(CurrentValue)) or something like it ?

It might not work, as it depend of your formula, the type of your field and generally speaking, how you build your doc… It’s just an idea :wink:.

Great question here and it’s not necessarily an intuitive formula that can make this work, but @Pch has the right idea. Using ListCombine() and Filter() will make this list possible.

ListCombine([Column 1], [Column 2], [Column 3]).Filter(CurrentValue.IsNotBlank())

I think that should work.

List() can create (One, Two, [Three, Four, Five]) where [Three, Four, Five] is considered 1 item.
ListCombine() flattens it and makes this (One, Two, Three, Four, Five) and is considered 5 items.

2 Likes