Switchif/lookup/bulletedlist

Need help to solve the problem:

So there is a list of contacts in groups: client, contact person, etc…
and there is a list of projects, where these contacts are in.

in the “Contacts” table i made a column where i would like to make a “lookup or bulletedlist”, so i can see list of projects, where this person is involved.
i thought i could use “switchif” formula and “lookup|bulletedlist”, but i don’t understand how they work together.
It must be something like this:
[http://prntscr.com/oeya37]

Could someone help me ?

You can use Filter there, this article explains it well. Then append .BulletedList() for the looks. Final formula might be something like [Projects].Filter(currentValue.Client.Contains(thisRow)).BulletedList()

But i need to use double filter: for clients and for contact person. Because both categories are involved in projects.

Here you go. But this solution is hardcoded to two columns. If you want to work with any number of roles, you should create column Role and store something like project-person-role triplets.

I didn’t get it. Do you speak russian?

If there are many contact persons - then something goes wrong.

I changed the formula to work with multiple values. Take a look now.

Да. Речь идёт о том, что обратиться к имени столбца можно только напрямую, а не с помощью переменной. То есть нельзя создать формулу “Возьми значение из столбца, название которого равно значению в этой ячейке”. Поэтому если потенциально в таблице проектов будут другие столбцы, например Supplier и Partner, то придётся для каждого из столбцов добавлять в формулу по условию.

Чтобы сделать формулу, которая работает с любым числом таких столбцов, нужно иначе хранить данные. Нужно отдельно держать все комбинации “человек-проект-роль”, скорее всего по одной строке на комбинацию, если один и тот же человек может иметь разные роли в разных проектах.

1 Like