How to Notify all Logged in Users?

I would like to be able to add a button that creates a bottom of page notification for all users saying something like “45 minutes until meeting is over”

How would I do this? Is it possible to access a list of all logged in users?

I’d prefer they didn’t get an email, just a little passive popup like you see after clicking a button.

That’s a neat idea, but we don’t have a way of pulling who is in the doc at that moment, so it would be a notification that goes to all people in a people table or list.

It sounds like you want the same type of notification you get when you click a button. The popup at the bottom with a custom message.

Yep! Exactly both of these things.

Is there a way to do the popup at the bottom with a custom message? If so I haven’t figured it out yet.

We don’t have a way to do that currently. I know @Paul_Danyliuk has mentioned wanting to be able to customize button notifications as well.

I’m going to bumped this over to the suggestions category and tag it to our tracker with the other.

2 Likes

In other software one can notify more than one user.
This seems far less than enough.
What can you and I do to notify 2+ people (about a new row in a subtable)?
Can one label a user as a member of a group and pick a Coda group (instead of a Google Group) in a field for people?