How to open an email via a button

Hi all :wave:

How can I open an email from gmail via a button?
I have implemented the G Pack :slight_smile:

Hey there! Are you wanting to open the email inside your actual email client, or just open the text of the email inside Coda to read it?

1 Like

Thanks for your question @Scott_Collier-Weir I even want more :slight_smile: to reply to this email, either online or via my email client. Any suggestions?

Last question! Are you sending the email as well via a button, or wanting to view emails generally that are already in your inbox?

More context you give about your use case the better!

Either way - you can accomplish it like this

I would share my doc, but it’s got all my personal email information in it haha. Essentially you are just finding the ID of the email thread, and then creating a hyperlink that is opened by a button that utilizes the ID

Also - the β€œhttps://” portion of my concatenate formula I copy/pasted from the URL of my browser when I had an email opened, so don’t copy my formula exactly - make sure you find your unique portion in your browser

To get the email ID when sending an email via button you need to enable that in the button itself like this

To draw the ID from a pack table you need to hover over the email tag and then Add the ID column to your table

Let me know if you need any more help!

2 Likes

Hi @Scott_Collier-Weir really sorry for late follow up, thanks again for your help. Will try it over the weekend :pray: