How to see a changelog

Our company is growing and we would like to be able to see a changelog of all the changes the users are doing in the documents (where someone has permission to see), as we use Coda as a wiki as well.

Why?

• It helps everyone be aware of what others are doing and helps discover new stuff that is posted in coda
  • It helps the managers make sure no-one is breaking stuff or writing things in not the best way

Is there any place to see that centralized?

3 Likes

Hi @Adria,

Perhaps you know it: currently you do have it at a document level snapshot

I don’t know Coda’s plan for a centralised history at a workspace level.

Dear @Federico_Stefanato,

A shortcoming of the version history is that you can’t actually see what updates have been executed.
It’s only good to go back till a certain moment in time.

3 Likes

True, @Jean_Pierre_Traets.
I realised that we are talking from a content perspective… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

There is activity log per table row, but that’s all there is.

2 Likes

yes, but this is only for table rows. We have very few tables. Also it’s impossible to see an overall picture of all document changes :weary:

+1 to that, would be great to have an ability to see an overall picture. What changes are done across all the pages

2 Likes

Yes, when you have a team working remotely its helpful to see what changes have been made in one window. Im surprised this is not here.

1 Like

+1 Not being able to see what’s changed, or to propose suggestions, makes it difficult to collaborate on a page asynchronously. Our team has had to revert to Google Docs on multiple occasions due to these essential collaboration features.

1 Like

Would love to be able to create a Changelog at the individual table level and not have it buried within “Activity” at the row level. Incredibly useful for any sort of project manager coordinating teams.

i setup a column on major tables called Modified, set to the date/time last modified.

then on a hidden page i have views sorted by Modified decending so i can see ar a glance whats been changed.

optionally you can have a column for ChangedBy showing the user who made the change.

these are under “properties” in the drop-down menu for column-type.

max