If False do nothing

so i am using a scale object and I am trying to do something like if checkbox is true, scale = 0, otherwise, do not do anything. How do I do this??

Hey Jack, can you give some more details on that? And are you in a table or on the canvas?

I am in a table. I just want the scale to act normal, unless a checkbox is true.

I‘m not sure if it will work that way, because I think you can only define a default value, not a relative function.

So a scale won’t be „editable“ by a checkbox. You can try it with a button, but you would probably also need to store the number in a second column, if you want to go back and forth. That’s a dirty but probably working workaround for your need and not impossible. I can give you a hand with that if you want.

But maybe a Codan can tell, if I‘m wrong about the „you can‘t change a scale with a checkbox in a table“-part.

I made an example with a button here:

Would something like that work for you?

1 Like

Yeah I think that would, I will try that now!

1 Like

Here are some screenshots, if you get stuck somewhere:

Button setup

Current scale value

Conditional formatting

Scale State

has a defaulft value of 1

Hi Daniel and everyone,

I am trying to achieve something slightly different. The setup is as follows:
Table1
Column.Item Column.Number Column.Scale

Table2
Column.item Column.Scale

In Table2 all records for scale values are recorded. In Table1, I would like to make so that Column.Scale shows the average of Table2.Column.Scale when Table1.Column.Number .isblank. And after Column.Number is filled in with some value (say number 10), I would like Table1.Column.Scale to reset to 0 (=empty).

After that, I would also like to be able to click on Table1.Column.Scale and select a new value (say 4 stars).

Almost everything is achievable thanks to your guidance (@Daniel_Stieber), however your setup does not allow to enter a new value in Scale column. Do you think this could be achieved?

One solution that I can think of is using automation which would probably work, but I prefer formulas, if possible.

Hey @Stefan_Stoyanov,

do you have started this in a doc that you can share so we can tinker around? I’m not sure if I completely get what you need, but I guess we can make it happen :slight_smile:

Hey @Stefan_Stoyanov, got you now.

The problem is, you can’t apply a formular to a scale AND be able for user input.

So “After that, I would also like to be able to click on Table1.Column.Scale and select a new value (say 4 stars).” won’t work without a workaround with buttons or automation.

I’ve implemented a solution with automation in your doc (Table Test & Test 2), but since automations need a few minutes to trigger, it is no good solution at all.

You could add a button in Table 1 that switches between “Avg Table 2 Data” and “Table 1 input”. This would be a similar setup as shown for Jack Scheffel, with the difference that “disabling” means not setting to 0 but setting to the average from Table 2. But this woud not help with the sub-task, that the scale resets when a number is put in the number column.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to show/hide columns based on variables (like we can alredy with row filtering). That way, you could have 2 scales. When average should apply you show this one, when user input should apply you show this one. A 3rd column could store the value of the current scale for re-use in other formulas.

Sorry man, I’m afraid I can’t find a satisfying solution here :slight_smile:

Hi @Daniel_Stieber,

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly! I knew it was a tricky one :slight_smile: