Is it possible to filter a list to based on a relation field's column?

I have two tables:

1. Tables - Name, Field, Linked Fields
  2. Fields - Name, Field Type, Table, Lookup Source, Linked To (just the ones I think matter here)

So anyway, in the Fields table:
I have a relation column, named Table, that lets me select a table from Tables.
I have another relation column named Linked To. If a row’s Field Type is “Linked Record”, then I have to select a table from in the Linked To column.
I also have a relation column, named Lookup Source, that only lets me select a row belonging the table selected in Table but only the ones whose Field Type is “Linked Record”. So if the row’s Field Type is a certain type, then I have to select a Lookup Source, which is a row with the Linked Record Field Type.

I want to make it so that, in the Linked To column, I can only select the table that the row with the “Linked Record” Field Type is Linked To. Basically, I want them to have the same value for the Linked To column and it’s important that they stay as relation columns.

Here is the column formula I’m playing with for the Linked To column:

If(thisRow.[Field Type] = Linked Record, Tables, IF(OR(thisRow.[Field Type] = Lookup, thisRow.[Field Type] = Rollup, thisRow.[Field Type] = Count), <the Linked To column of the row selected in the current row’s Linked To column>,“”))

I hope this is clear. This is the actual info I’m working with and the naming is very confusing as I’m trying to document fields and tables in tables named Fields and Tables. I appreciate any guidance that can be given in this regard. :pray:

Hi @Marcel_Almagro,

It’s much easier for me and others to help you if you share your doc with us. We can take a look into the formulas and everyone can make a copy of the document so we don’t get in the way of each other.

If your doc contains private Information, please create a dummy doc with fake data.

Please follow this guide to share your doc with us:

Sincerely
Jannis

Hey @Jannis!

Let me know if this link works:

This table is typically filled out from left to right.

• If the Field Type is Rollup, Count, or Lookup, then Lookup Source column lets you select a field that has the same Table column value.
  • [Currently] If Field Type is Linked Record, Lookup, Rollup, or Count, then the Linked To column lets you select a table from the Tables table.
    • I want to make it so that if the Field Type is Rollup, Count, or Lookup, then the Linked To column would only let me select the table that the Lookup Source of the current row is from.