Is it possible to format filter controls?

I am using a dozen controls to filter a table.
All controls are stacked inline, but this makes it hard to distinguish them.
If I add a name for each control above it, it’s not good either, as changing the control value changes its lengths and the whole layout falls apart.

Being able to set minimum and maximum width (with truncation) would probably do it.

Dear @Tomislav_Mamic, welcome to the community! :handshake:

Why not to create a “detail view” and amend this view to your needs for each field and in this way you will have much more control over how the content is displayed.

Keep the table view just as the core database for your information at a non user facing area (background)

Thanks for the welcome.
That would work if I just used this to filter data, but I also use this to add new data to the table.

Hey @Tomislav_Mamic ,

Some ideas for you:

• You could put your filters all in a bulleted list underneath a H3 header and then collapse them when not in use. I know this isn’t ideal though because then you have this huge long list of filters. Just doesn’t look good.
  • Instead of creating a dozen canvas-based filters, you could create a single-rowed table with a dozen columns formatted as select-lists. Then you could write formulas for your table filters that pull from that unique table and treat them like interactive filters. (This would also allow you to put a button on that table that utilizes the AddRow() action/formula and would let you add new data to the table)

Alternatively - You could look at restructuring your document and overall schema. What @Jean_Pierre_Traets was sharing sounds like one of these ideas. All Filters allow you to do is interact/view the data you are attempting to see/interact with. If you gave more context (or even shared example doc) I could probably give some insight/suggestions for you that are more case specific!

Cheers! Hope that helps some.

Like this:

Every column is a lookup to a table - these tables are used as lookup tables when adding new records and for the filter table shown above.

The filter could look something like:

the .first applies to the table with the filter - only the top row of that table is used (1 row table)