Is it possible to format the Summarize row?

Is it possible to format (highlight, bold, color changes etc.) the Summarize row? I do a lot of grouping and would like to be able to format the summarize row,

2 Likes

Currently we don’t have this ability with the grouped columns themselves. There are a few improvements we’d like to make to grouping though, so things like this are being discussed.

Thanks, I love the grouping feature, but a few improvements would definitely be nice. As long as you are working on it, the following would be some suggestions: When your table is grouped the column headings no longer stay at the top of the screen when you scroll down in your table. It would be great if they could. I know you can do alternate row colors with a conditional formula, but it would also be nice if you could have alternate colors of the grouped sections. And then like I already mentioned, the ability to format the Summarize row.

Thanks for making such an awesome product.

Thank you @Jennifer_Biggs!

The table headers staying at the top of the screen is one that we’d love to solve and it turns out that it’s trickier than it looks. It’s definitely on our list.

I’m curious about the alternating colors for groups. Is this something that can also be done with conditional formats and setting the colors there, or are you looking for the actual grouped column to be a color?

1 Like

I tried doing conditional formatting to see if I could select even or odd groups, but couldn’t find anything that would work. It would be nice if the grouped column field could also be part of the alternating colors. I just have a table that is grouped and each group has around 1 to 4 rows in it. When you are scrolling through the table, even though there is a small break between each grouped section, visually it is harder to differentiate between the groups. If this proves to be too difficult would it be possible to add horizontal lines between each group?

Are you able to share your doc? If not here, then can you open a support ticket with the “?” icon at the bottom right of the doc. You an add “Please route to Ben” so they an assign it to me and I’ll take a look.