JIRA Epic Link Edits

Hi all,

I want to use the new JIRA 2-way sync edits for Epics, but the actual searching and dropdown just doesn’t work well for my company. We’ve got extra fields in JIRA that help to filter to only epics your team cares about, versus the entire company.

I was previously using a crazy amount of JIRA automation to change epics from Coda. I want to now use “Epic Link,” but I can’t figure out what to place in that column to get the edit to pick up and go to JIRA.

For my example, we are selecting an Epic via selecting a filtered list of IssueType=Epic from the native Coda <> JIRA sync table. The Epic Link field is formatted like: “EQPD-2451: Keep software up to date”

I’ve tried sending text formatted the same way to the Epic Link field, but that hasn’t worked, and I’ve tried just sending the Issue itself (JIRA Native Issue Column), and that doesn’t work, and I’ve also tried just referencing the JIRA table row as well. Also doesn’t work.

tl;dr - I want to formulaically set the Epic Link column in a JIRA sync table vs using the drop-down. What do I need to put into that column to get it to work?

Hi there, thanks for reaching out! Im not sure if this is possible at the moment but hard to say without getting a better picture of what you are encountering.

Would you mind sharing your doc with us so we can take a closer look at your current setup?

You can do that by going to Share in the top right-hand corner, clicking the button in the top right (to the left of the “X”), and toggling on Share with Coda Support (the gif below shows how to do this).

Afterward, please send us a link to that doc in your response so we can take a look for you! :smiley:

-Luis

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.