Launched: Coda 2.0, a simpler, cleaner, and faster doc for teams

My use case currently is for tracking Cub Scouts dues and fundraising (85 of them currently). We run our group on donations and fundraising, so any expense is hard to justify. Since Coda works so well for this I’ve signed up for the Pro plan on my personal dime (donating $144/yr to pay for Coda will sting my wallet but it’s definitely light-years beyond Google Sheets). Today we were already at 194% of our quotas before I subscribed…

One thing I’ve noticed is that the Doc Protection permissions and locking is on the Team plan, and to get that functionality I’ll have to spend $432 per month just to keep members of our leadership from accidentally deleting an important table or wiping-out rows!!! We definitely need an affordable way to keep the structure solid and give simple editing abilities to less-confident users; I have been describing Coda as “amazing but extremely fragile” to our leadership, and I’ve held off completely on giving edit abilities to anyone else…

I see that you are planning to offer something for non-profits. As I said before $144 is high for our group but I’m planning to pay it for now; something around half of that would be more justifiable for us (I might even convince our leadership to pay instead of eating the cost myself!) Also, qualifying as a non-profit on some other services looked like it would take jumping through hoops to achieve, so I hope Coda can keep that to a minimum (we are but a small branch of the national Scouting organization, so providing documentation will be extremely difficult).

1 Like