Launched: Coda 2.0, a simpler, cleaner, and faster doc for teams

I posted this on the blog post but this thread seems to be getting more traction and correspondence.

As a new, small video game studio, this pricing model will negatively impact us. The “Team” tier fits our business needs, which is $30 per “Maker”. We have a team of 10 right now so we could fit everyone under two Makers, but we then would shifted the responsibility for all documents to be made by only two people. That’s a crushing burden for those two people.

On small teams, people wear many hats typically. Most of our people will need to make their own documents. All from very different disciplines, art, programming, QA, production, HR, etc… This pricing model essentially prices us into $30 per person. When alternatives are available at much more reasonable rates, we’re being priced out.

It’s disheartening because today was the day I was set to roll out our Coda plans to the team and now I’m having to rethink what our solution is going to be. I don’t want to rethink it, I like your product. But this model hamstrings small teams like ours.

I do appreciate the attempt to try a new pricing model. It just doesn’t make sense for us. I hope you reconsider your pricing strategy for smaller teams.

10 Likes