Launched: Coda 2.0, a simpler, cleaner, and faster doc for teams

Is there a simple way of telling how many “lines” and “objects” my doc has?

Two questions.

1. With coda 2.0 Paid plan does it improve iOS app capabilities and able to handle larger tables?
  2. Will the paid plan be able to comfortably handle 50,000+ rows in a table?
3 Likes

Cant understand why Cross-doc and Doc-protection are not in Pro model. They are such essential things, even in a two person team.

Personally I don’t want any packs or automations, but heavily use formulas. To me Team pricing is not justifiable.

We are just two persons using Coda just like Google Sheets, but the concept of Views, and single formulas through out the column is so much liberating and reason about.

If at least Doc-protection is not coming to Pro pricing, we might have to go back to Google Sheets.

5 Likes

I was also searching for this … And to know the answer, I created a free workspace and moved some of my docs there then in the docs (Doc settings) I found this info…

Which lead me to a suggestion : As anyone can create free workspace(s) and put docs there, it would be interesting to always have that info about the limitations of a doc on hand (the number of objects, etc… for any doc, on paid and free workspaces), so even if we create a doc in a paid workspace we know if a doc can be put on a free workspace or not before moving it there and then discovering it’s already too big :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks!

To the Coda team I’ll add my 2 p., with same message as other commenters: I am a single, nonbusiness user with no viewers and editors, and although I love Coda it’s hard to justify $120/year. I’d happily pay somewhat and accept the restriction of having just a single document, no size restriction.

I also am a single, non-business user for personal use. I feel we’ve been left out in the cold. I think Coda is great and have been using it since almost the beginning. They should absolutely be charging for the product and I have no problem with paid services. But $120 a year is just too steep for my purposes. I think a less expensive single user personal plan without restrictions would be very popular.

5 Likes

Curious as to why an Admin user can’t edit Docs? I’m need to control the users for my team as well as make changes to Docs. Right now, I have to downgrade myself to contribute to our docs, which means no one is an Admin…

@Ingrid_Wong : An Admin can do everything :wink: (Create docs, edit doc, etc…)

This was my bad hahaha. I just realized the doc that became view created under a different person (than I initially thought). Thanks for the quick response and confirmation!

You’re welcome :blush: !

Why does a free plan get unlimited guest editors, but a paid plan doesn’t get any. I definitely want a paid plan, but would need both editors and the unlimited guest editors.

That I don’t know :no_mouth:

I appreciate the feedback. While your suggestions may be ideal, ideal isn’t always realistic.

Coda two days ago fit our team’s needs. Coda 2.0 and the new pricing model negatively impacts us, either via price or new unnecessary hoops to jump through. I wanted to share my feedback with that team.

Yes what happened? (I deleted my oversized doc and copy to excel sheet)

And yes ! where is the Dates Localization?

Thank you all for the feedback. All of your voices matter here at Coda. If you wouldn’t mind, please follow up using the contact info in this post so we can take a closer look at each situation:

And if you haven’t read through the help articles about pricing and workspaces, please check them out here as well:

https://help.coda.io/en/collections/151030-faq#pricing

My 2 cents:

1. Both pro & team plan pricing options are expensive (for me as a solo) but I intend to subscribe to whatever tier is necessary. The coda team has built a valuable product!
  2. :point_down: I am similarly impacted by John Beaudoin’s 2 personal use cases missing from the pro plan

I’d like to call attention to some Coda forum members that I’ve noticed have a history of helping others. A free, recurring subscription at the highest coda tier may be a fair acknowledgement of the time and effort these individuals** :point_down: have recently devoted to helping Mallika(!) in the coda forums

1. @Paul_Danyliuk [pricing thoughts & (2)]
  2. @Jean_Pierre_Traets [pricing thoughts]
  3. @Ander
  4. @Dalmo_Mendonca [pricing thoughts]
  5. @tomavatars [pricing thoughts]
  6. @Denis_Peshekhonov [pricing thoughts]
  7. @Daniel_Stieber
  8. @Joseph_B
  9. @GJ_Roelofs
  10. @Bobby_Ritter

** I apologize in advance to the individuals I missed! Discourse says my max is 10 @ mentions per post

16 Likes

That is very nice, thank you @jeo :kissing_heart::blush:

3 Likes

How sweet of you :grin: :+1: !

3 Likes

Really appreciate the call out you did here.@jeo thank you!
The community is built by all of us and appreciating one another helps a lot.
Besides credits in the account, we are working on a referral program and other ways to ensure engaged community members, folks that share and create and engage are appreciated.

8 Likes