Launched: Formula building, now bigger and better

Awesome!! A long waited feature. You really make our life better :grin:

1 Like

Oooooh I have been missing this, AWESOME, thank you!

1 Like

Yes yes yes yes yes !!!
A big step for Coda to become a professional tool.

Thank you so much to make life easier to all doc makers.

Now Codans, you still have to work hard to give us a true professional tool :

• true rights management : authorize users, users groups, for controls, columns, tables, pages…
  • true multi users controls (the user filter table workaround is not a professional way to do this)
  • true Gantt chart
  • Date, numeric export for but US countries

Big up for all these next mandatory improvements, we believe in you !!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I suffer seizures from these gifs. Is there any chance you can make a video?

One bug that I encountered:
When adding a button to canvas to create a new row, I was adding a formula to a column and expanded the formula editor. After entering the formula, clicking “Done” resulted in empty value in the column value field. Seems to be consistant that the formula does not get saved in this case from the expanded view. Without expanding, the formula gets saved as expected.
Seems that it does not matter, if the formula already has value or if creating a new one.

OMG I love you all so much right now! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I really like my ridiculously large functions but I often I cannot understand my own code when I revisit after a few months.
Thank you Coda team!

1 Like

Now that we have a beautiful area to work with our formulas, an ability to add comments would make future-me understand better the logic behind the formulas current-me has written. What it does, might be readable from the formula, but why might need more explaining.

A standard format used in coding like

• To the end of line: //, # or --
  • Blocks: ``` + ```` or /* + */

Would make code much more re-usable and we are just one step away from formula-templates

5 Likes

What makes it even better, is that you can make changes to the autoformat. and the editor will “remember” them, next time you large,view the formula…

GREAT.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes and again yes!!!
Great job guys: you made me truly happy! :pray:t2: :smiley: :upside_down_face:
This is another game changer.

But, please, don’t stop… :grimacing:

@Paul_Danyliuk In fact I’m so used to so many styles that I became flexible to basically any.
Some time ago I could argue for weeks about spaces or tabs for indentation…
Now I’m happy with whatever it comes, as long as I can read it :smile:

5 Likes

This is a game changer - thanks!!

1 Like

@Jami_Haavisto thank you for reporting this bug! We were able to reproduce the problem and will have a fix out by early next week.

P.S. Love your other suggestion to add code comments. That’s on my personal wish list as well!

1 Like

completely agree, even though the addition of a bigger formula editing box is already awesome by itself, the auto-formatter is a bit anti-intuuitive to read

Battle-tested it and… I need it bigger :frowning_face:
And being able to hide Formula info would be nice :slight_smile:

Also it gets quite slow with formulas like these already

6 Likes

Small bug found : when I copy/paste from formula editor to Notepad++ and copy/paste back to formula editor, the formula is not recognized at all, except if I delete all CR in Notepad++

2 Likes

Bug: If you auto-format a formula inside the Automation system, the formatting doesn’t save.

Yes, YES, Y - E - S!!!
Love you guys! This is a huge improvement!!!

and, as @Paul_Danyliuk suggested, this is already enourmously improvement to anyone coding more than casual lines, thought autoformat for sure will be better with his suggestions.

And I am sure his suggestion for collapsing help, hence wining even more space for formulas, will be capital to me… I have some huge monster formulas around. You know us… we always want more :wink:

Outstanding work my friends :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you @Guilherme_Salles for the bug report! We were able to reproduce this as well and will get a fix out in the coming days.

2 Likes

Thank you for the awesome update! :smiley:

Love the enhanced usability!

Please keep up the great work!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

@Stephane thank you for reporting this copy/paste issue! As far as I know we don’t yet support that scenario, but I’ve added the issue to our internal tracker.

One bug that I encountered:
When adding a button to canvas to create a new row, I was adding a formula to a column and expanded the formula editor. After entering the formula, clicking “Done” resulted in empty value in the column value field. Seems to be consistant that the formula does not get saved in this case from the expanded view. Without expanding, the formula gets saved as expected.

Bug: If you auto-format a formula inside the Automation system, the formatting doesn’t save.

These should now be fixed after a reload. Thanks again for the reports! And do let us know if you continue to encounter any issues!

3 Likes