Launched: Workspace Folder Icons

At Coda, we love giving our docs and their pages character by choosing icons for them. We’ve found that the quick addition of an icon can help other doc users find desired content quickly, and understand context for a particular page or subpage.

That’s why we’re excited to share that we’ve launched the ability to add icons to your workspace folders!

fi1

When viewing your doc list and workspace at coda.io/docs, you can assign icons when you create new folders (above), or existing folders (below) by clicking on the image next to the folder’s title.

fi2

Please be advised that we source icons from a third-party (Icons8), so custom icons are not supported at this time.

If you’re looking for more information about managing your Workspace and its folders, please visit this helpful article from our Help Center.

We hope this change makes Coda a little bit more fun to use, and a lot easier to navigate at the workspace level.

Nigel.

19 Likes

Oh man the wording on this one… thought you were adding ability for custom icons, but just non-custom for folders. Oh well, still waiting for the actual custom ones, and thanks for small improvements like these :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I was also confused by the wording on this release. I was jumping up and down and then realized that it wasn’t actually custom icons.

Thanks for giving us your feedback on this — I wanted to share that you can now add custom icons to your docs! You can learn more here.

1 Like