Lookup (Jobs Table) and Assign Accumulate Job Totals to a Client (Client Table)?

Lookup (Jobs Table) and Assign Accumulate Job Totals to a Client (Client Table)?

I had this done in Airtables, but I can’t get my head around how to achieve this in Coda.io. Have spent too much time trying to get it to work?? I am missing something obvious…

Explainer here:

Thanks

Hey there!

Welcome to Coda! Think you will love it over airtable. I watched your video and think I understand what you are trying to do.

If so - there are multiple ways you can accomplish it.

1. You can simply go into your lookup column and find the “insert related column” option to insert any related column from the lookup table
  2. Write the formula yourself - its always just a lookupcolumn.targetcolumn - use your dot operator to pull any column from the source table into your lookup column

If there are multiple selections you just need to add a .sum() to the end of your formula. See here:

Heres an example doc if it helps! If you were looking for a different problem solved please let me know! I was not able to watch the whole video.

Best!

DOC LINK: [Example Lookups)

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Just had time to look at it again. Your expert guidance helped to get it working thanks heaps!!! I ended up writing the formula as you directed. Good man!

For sure! Reach out if you need any more help