Mirroring a column in another table

Greetings,

I am trying to mirror a column in table 1 to be reflected in table 2.

Example:
I have a column called “DutyMan” in table 1 and table 2.

Desired State:
Any update that happens in table 1, like if I add a value in row 12 of column “DutyMan”, then it should automatically be update row 12 of table 2.

Note:

• I have tried to link the two table using relation. But, I get a Circular reference problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi @Mohammed_Ashfaq,

Will all changes happen only in Table 1, or could they be made in Table 2 which should then update Table 1?

Have you considered a third table that links to both table 1 and 2? If you ever needed to change table 1 or 2 DutyMan column you would need to make the edit in table 3. This would not be my preferred method.

The only way I could see this being done with the DutyMan column being a relation or formula is to use Automation or a button to press.

Any method you choose will require some kind of relationship setup or you will need to rely on RowID which will need to match perfectly 1 to 1 between table 1 and 2.

It would be helpful if you could make and share a demo document with a workable example that myself and others could refer to. Please do not share your original as it will expose all data it already holds).

All the best

Dale

Why do you have two tables, and not simply two views of the same table?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.