Newb question regarding Emoji Slider

Have been exploring and enjoying my time with Coda, however it’s got me quite frustrated at the moment.

Figured I would try out some puzzles and have been stumped at #1 aka “emoji slider”

To my knowledge I’ve copied the example exactly yet the formula still won’t work…please send help.

This is the formula in my table:

=Switch([Emoji Slider], 5,“:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:”,4,“:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:”,3,“:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:”,2,“:persevere::persevere:”,1,“:scream:”) …however when I copy and paste the formula here for my example, the below formula includes “thisRow”. Where does “thisRow” come from?

=Switch([thisRow.[Emoji Slider]], 5,“:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:”,4,“:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:”,3,“:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:”,2,“:persevere::persevere:”,1,“:scream:”)

Below is what was provided as one solution, which I’ve copy and pasted while only changing Slider to Emoji Slider…

Switch(Slider, 5,“:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:”,4,“:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:”,3,“:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:”,2,“:persevere::persevere:”,1,“:scream:”)

Don’t put any square brackets around the “emoji slider” chip!

That should do it for you.

1 Like

I tried that but it says missing value…

On Coda’s how we did it page it shows square brackets which is why I tried them.

When I click in the formula box the first parenthesis is highlighted. Is this a clue?

Now you need to delete the = sign at the beginning of the formula

You can also complete the challenge a bit more easily by using a Repeat() function

1 Like

wow…I knew it was going to be something so simple. Thank Scott, my head is no longer exploding.

scottslider

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.