Team mood using the emoji slider

@evan Shared this tip with me, and I like it so much that I wanted to post it here. On projects and teams in general, mood and motivation can be important to track. Using the emoji slider we saw in the first puzzle, you can build an easy team mood tracker for any of your docs:

CloudApp

And, here’s a close up of the formula:

=SwitchIf([How are you doing today?]=5,"😎😎😎😎😎",[How are you doing today?]=4,"πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€",[How are you doing today?]=3,"😐😐😐",[How are you doing today?]=2,"😣😣",[How are you doing today?]=1,"😱", [How are you doing today?].IsBlank(),"πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ choose from 0-5!")

5 Likes

Hi @maria

I’m trying to use emoji’s in an if formula. per this image. However I’m having difficulties getting the actual images to show up. The formula is working how I expect it to. Do I need to do something special to get the emoji to show?

Thanks in advance, Tobias

Great question Tobias! You’ll want to paste the actual emojis into the formula rather than using the :emoji-name: with colons. Hope that helps!

I also recommend checking out the Scale column format. It brings emojis and columns together in a fund way.