Open url with custom scheme?

I’m building an app that links and redirects the user to a Coda doc. After doing some stuff in the doc, the user should then be returned to the app when clicking on a link with a custom scheme, for instance myapp://turkey/sandwich.

Coda is telling me:

Attempting to open an unsafe url - myapp://turkey/sandwich

– Has anyone else run in to this?
– Is there a workaround or a preferred method for opening custom url schemes?

I could open an html page which in turn redirects using javascript but that seems like a hacky solution.

2 Likes

We’d have to think through these on a case-by-case basis and see if there’s a way to make this happen. This is a similar question…

I think the tough part here and you’re naming your own app, so it’s tougher to add these to a list of allowed protocol identifiers.

1 Like

Hi, what is the current situation on custom URLs @coda?

I’m trying to use Coda as an organization layer for my knowledge base consisting markdown notes that I create and navigate in Obsidian

• Events are created in Google Calendar

• Obsidian notes for meetings are named 2020-11-25-1000 - Meeting name XYZ

• Specific meeting note folder in Obsidian vault is synced to Google Drive using the “Shift-Z trick”
  • Google Calendar is synced to Coda to create table of calendar events
  • Google Drive is synced to Coda to create table of files in the Obsidian folder
  • a calendar view in Coda displays all calendar events and an embed to the respective meeting note

Now unfortunately I can’t open the custom URL obsidian://.../ to jumpt to my Obsidian note from Coda in Chrome.

Is that something you’ll support eventually or should I start thinking of a different way to provide structure to my note repository?

3 Likes

Interested in this as well.

1 Like

Interested in this also!

I am very interested in this!

Interested in this also!

I am facing same issue with a trigger URL of a macro created in Keyboard Maestro app.

When I write this URL in notes app. It is clickable and runs the macro when clicked. But when the same character string is used for coda button, it won’t open/trigger the URL.

Any action on this? What’s the concern with allowing arbitrary URL schemes?