Pack not found in the gallery and no update in the display!

Hello to all,

When I published my pack (“Basic tools for mathematics”), I realized that it was not posted in full.

Even when adding other formulas, this one is still not found in the gallery as you can see on the images provided.

Sincerely yours,

Thierry

@Thierryvm have you released a new version?

1 Like

Hello @Leandro_Zubrezki

I have indeed improved my code several times and therefore added formulas.

I have thus de published the pack update and then published again.

So, once published, I checked that the description was well changed and it was indeed the case, but not for the display of the formulas in the list below.

I also did a search for my pack and there bad surprise, it does not appear in the list of proposed packs.

Sincerely yours,

Thierry

Hi @Thierryvm - As @Leandro_Zubrezki mentioned, it sounds like the issue is that you haven’t released your new code. If you look at the listing page for your Pack, it shows that it’s still using the initial release:

When making a Pack there are three main actions:

1. Build - This compiles your code and generates a new version (like a checkpoint). The Pack maker can install any version in their docs. This needs to be done every time you make a change.
  2. Release - This takes an existing version of the Pack and makes it available for other users to use. If you are not the Pack maker you can only install a released version in your doc. This needs to be done every time you are happy with your changes and want to share them with your users.
  3. Share / Publish - This controls who can use your Pack. Publishing is really just sharing “Can use” with the everyone. You only need to publish the Pack once.

To include the new formulas in your Pack, create a new release from your most recent version. More information on releasing and publishing is available in the help center:

1 Like

I had done all of this well, but it may take a little while before the list is updated. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: and I hope this pack can help many :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Thierry

P.S: By the way, is there a way to hide a page with a checkbox or toggles for example in a formula? For one of my projects, I need to hide or show pages to anyone who is not part of a list?

Sincerely,
Thierry

Hey there!

There’s also been a logged bug where if you search for your pack directly (aka the name of the pack) it doesn’t always show up

This could also be at play!

1 Like

When you make a new release it should be reflected in the Pack listing page immediately, and roll out to documents that use it within a few minutes.

Do you mean in the Coda formula language? I’m not sure, but I don’t think so.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer @Eric_Koleda

I was indeed thinking of something like this:

PAGE(page_id).hidden = true // hide the page
PAGE(page_id).hidden = false // show the page

And why not :), use a controller like button-toggles or checkbox ^^

Sincerely,
Thierry